Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Crazy Month

I feel like so much has gone on in my life during the past month, and I really haven't had much of a chance to blog besides a rant about birthmoms. It was a great month of celebrating two very special birthdays at the beginning (C and J's birthdays that are about a week and a half apart from one another) and the rest of the month has been spent planning the trip J and I are taking to Sand Diego this weekend. This trip couldn't have come at a better time.

After C's birthday was over and done with, I was on a mission to plan for J's birthday. After all, he was about to turn 30 and that was a big milestone, in and of itself. I had gotten together with his mom and she and I planned a surprise birthday party for him. It was one of the hardest and biggest secrets to have to try to pull off. Luckily, I did and it was a great success.

On J's actual birthday, I had gone over to his house as soon as he left for school. His parents and I got everything ready and I rushed home to get ready since he was supposed to pick me up for "dinner" with his family later on. When we got to his house, with C unable to look J in the eyes the whole way there, the family came out with balloons, and his friends came out behind them. J was in absolute shock. I wish I could've taken a picture of the whole thing. I thought he was upset with me as he didn't talk to me for almost an hour after we had gotten there. Luckily, he was just so extremely happy, he didn't know how to react (or so he says).:) It was nice to be able to celebrate his birthday with his family and some of his closest friends. I'm sure he enjoyed it as well.

In addition to a Chargers themed party, I bought J tickets to the Chargers/Broncos game this weekend. Since the craziness of party planning was over, and the relief of not having to keep such a huge secret from him took over, I got to look forward to planning a trip down to San Diego for this coming weekend. We both have been in desperate need of a break from reality, and J, being the wonderful boyfriend that he is, decided that we should have double reason to celebrate on this trip. The occasion: his 30th birthday and our 1 year anniversary! YUP! 1 year! Well, not technically yet a year because our anniversary is a week from Sunday (December 4th) but this weekend will be a year since we first started talking. Its so amazing to see how far we have come in a year, and I am so beyond excited to celebrate it out of town, together for 4 days and 3 nights in one of our favorite cities. I am looking forward to the surprises that my wonderful boyfriend has planned for me when we get there on Friday, and am also looking forward to hanging out with our friends who are coming on Saturday to celebrate with us as well. It will definitely be a weekend to remember.

With all the busy-ness of party and trip planning, as well as being busy with work that feels like two jobs, I am happy to report that I am in the midst of week 7 of the quarter at school and I am doing extremely well in my class. Yay me! I have put in tremendous hard work and effort into my school work and have really been proud of myself for kicking butt in school. I still have 3 1/2 more weeks left in the quarter, but I have faith in myself that I will get through it and succeed. So excited to get through the first hurdle of starting an online program. I am well on my way to a Bachelor's Degree in no time...

All in all, I have been in a positive, upbeat mood for the most part this past month. I have been super excited and happy for all the blessings that have come my way and I look forward to what else is in store for me. I am definitely one happy chick for having gotten through such a crazy month. Definitely excited for this upcoming weekend away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment