Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Who Am I?

I realized that I can't just start a post without even introducing myself. I'm C&H's Mama. I am a 28 year old woman who has been through her fair share of ups and downs and has survived them all to tell about it. I am C's mama. He's my totally amazing 7 1/2 year old son who I'd give the world to. I've been a single mom since he was a month old, and we have found ourselves doing alot of growing up together. He's my totally amazing 7 1/2 year old son who I'd give the world to. I am extremely blessed to have such a great kid like him in my life.

I am also a birthmom to Hope. She is a completely adorable little angel who is 5 1/2 years old. She was adopted at birth by an incredible couple who love her to death. We have a semi-open adoption. Our agreement was pictures and letters 4 times a year (if I'm lucky). While it can be frustrating at times, I am totally thankful that she was placed to such a loving family who want only the best things for her. I sometimes wish our adoption plan had been formatted differently, but I knew very little at the time of what I was getting myself into at the time of placement. While I miss her with all of my heart, I don't regret the adoption at all., especially when I see that smiley face of hers in the pictures I get.

My life has certainly had its fair share of struggles, and nothing about what I've gone through has been easy. If I were to sit here and write about everything in my life that has gotten me to this point in my life where I feel compelled to share my thoughts and feelings to the world, I would be writing for days. But I'm not going to. Instead, I am going to share little by little what has made me ME, and what it's like to live everyday with a piece of my heart missing, all while trying to be strong for my son and everyone and everything else around me. If this blog helps someone one day, and they say, "Hey, I never thought anyone else in the world felt like that" or "Wow, I guess I'm not alone afterall", then this blog would be so incredibly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment